Do you want bee hives in your yard but don’t have the time or even the desire to care for them? Do you want to be part of the solution to help the plants and wildlife in your yard and neighborhood?If you want to help pollinate the neighborhood but aren’t sure if beekeeping on your own is right for you, why not be a participant in the Hive Hosting Program ?
How it works:
- The East Hill Honey Co (EHHC) places beehives in Pensacola neighborhood back yards.
- Apply and have your yard accepted as being suitable for the Hive Hosting Program.
- EHHC will place two to four hives on your property.
- EHHC will tend and maintain the hives throughout the year.
What you get:
- The pollination benefits of honeybees in your yard for an entire year.
- Two 12 ounce jars of "Local Gold" Honey each month during the billing season
- The satisfaction of knowing that you’re part of a solution by taking direct action that benefits your yard, your neighbor’s yards, and helps grow the population of honeybees in the city.
- A “bee education” that comes from the opportunity to watch the bees work every day as well as an informative monthly newsletter.
- Special pricing and exclusive discounts on EHHC products throughout the year
What you give:
- The space in your yard to place our hives
- Permission for EHHC to have hives in your yard for up to one year
- While the hives remain on your property for an entire year, the “billing season” runs only from April through September. During the billing season you are charged $110 per month. The remainder of the year there is no charge.
How to become involved:
If you are a person who cares about promoting a healthy environment through your actions and wants honeybee hives in your yard, send us an email at email@example.com. In the subject line of the email please write “2014 Hive Host–and your last name”. In the body of the email please provide us with your physical address, your email address and your best contact phone number.